Saturday, October 15, 2011

Applesauce!--Oct. 14, 2011

I know it's fall when it's time to make applesauce!  Before Oliver was old enough to go to school, he and I helped Mom make applesauce several years in a row.  He has such good memories of making applesauce with Grandma!  He was actually pretty bummed that he couldn't help this year since he had school!

On Friday, Eli and I went to Mom and Dad's house for a morning of applesauce making.  I wasn't sure how much help I was going to be, since lately Eli will only play by himself for about 6.7 seconds and then wants me to hold him.  Thankfully, Eli kept himself pretty busy...

...washing apples, 


...loading apples in the sink, 


...and helping Grandma!


 Eli was so proud of himself when he figured out how to crank by himself!  "I cranked it!"


 Look at all of that yummy applesauce!



I just had to include these two photos!  What is it about apple boxes that are so appealing to two year olds?
 Eli, Oct. 14, 2011

Oliver, Oct. 26, 2005

Can you tell they're brothers?



No comments:

Post a Comment